Helicobacter Pylori Blood Test
Check the presence of H.pylori antibodies in the blood.
What is this test?
The Helicobacter pylori antibody blood test is a convenient, highly accurate method to detect the presence of H. pylori bacteria, which can cause peptic ulcers, gastritis, and other gastrointestinal conditions.
Understand your Symptoms
Symptoms of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection can vary, and some may experience no symptoms. However, common symptoms associated with H. pylori infection may include:
- Abdominal Pain: Persistent or recurring pain in the upper abdomen, often described as a dull or burning sensation.
- Nausea and Vomiting: Feeling nauseous and experiencing episodes of vomiting, particularly after eating.
- Loss of Appetite: A decreased desire to eat or feeling full quickly after consuming small amounts of food.
- Unexplained Weight Loss: Losing weight unintentionally without changing your diet or lifestyle.
- Bloating and Excessive Gas: Feeling bloated or gassy after meals may contribute to abdominal discomfort.
- Frequent Burping: Burping more frequently than usual, often accompanied by a feeling of relief.
- Heartburn and Acid Reflux: Experiencing a burning sensation in the chest (heartburn) or regurgitation of stomach acid into the throat (acid reflux).
- Fatigue: Feeling tired, weak, or lacking energy, even after adequate rest.
- Dark or Tarry Stools: In some cases, H. pylori infection can lead to bleeding in the digestive tract, resulting in dark or tarry stools.
It's important to note that these symptoms can also indicate other gastrointestinal conditions, so it is essential to consult with a healthcare professional for proper evaluation and diagnosis.
How long does it take?
The test turnaround is 1 day.
Type of sample
What is included in this test
Helicobacter Pylori Antibodies (IgG)
The H. pylori IgG blood test measures the antibodies to H. pylori in the blood.
The benefits of this blood test
- Early detection of H.Pylori infection
- Treatment, health insights and support
- Guidance to manage the symptoms
- Lifestyle advice
Detection of H.Pylori
Are you experiencing abdominal pain, nausea, and loss of appetite? This test can identify if H.pylori is the cause.
Understand your symptoms
Are you diagnosed with ulcers, gastritis or related gastrointestinal conditions? This test can confirm whether you have H.pylori infection.
Monitoring treatment effectiveness
The test can check if H. pylori has been successfully eradicated after treatment.
The test can check continued absence of H. pylori after the initial treatment
Prompt identification and treatment of H.pylori before complications may develop.
Healthcare providers use the test results to guide appropriate treatment options.
Peace of mind
The test provides confidence that any H. pylori infection has been cured or was never present.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions. Call us to book an appointment or to get advice.020 3002 7795
Email us your enquiries, feedback or suggestions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.info(@)uniclinic.co.uk
Live chat with us
If you prefer to talk with one of our assistants via text chat, we offer live chat service too.Chat now
In a health emergencies
Need someone to talk to?
Call Samaritans on 116 123 for confidential support.
Are you in a mental health crisis?
Call 111 for urgent help and support.
In a life-threatening emergency?
Call 999 or go to A&E immediately.