Simply call us to book an appointment.
We aim to book you for a scan within 3 days, or 14 days for certain scans.
What is it for?
To investigate symptoms associated with your thyroid and surrounding areas.
Thyroid, salivary glands and lymph node scan
Thyroid neck ultrasound is a painless and non-invasive medical imaging test that uses sound waves to produce images of the thyroid gland and adjacent structures in the neck.
This scan can be used to:
- Identify lumps such as cysts, nodules, and tumours.
- Assess the characteristics of thyroid nodules.
- Monitor the growth of previously detected nodules.
- Detect goitre when the thyroid feels enlarged or irregular.
Who is it for?
A thyroid, salivary gland and lymph node ultrasound scan is typically performed for people who have a lump in their neck, pain in their neck, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, dry mouth, swelling in their face or neck, a family history of thyroid or salivary gland cancer, history of radiation to the head or neck.
What Can This Scan Tell You?
- Assessment of the thyroid gland, including its size and shape.
- Assessment of the salivary glands, including their size and shape.
- Assessment of the lymph nodes in the neck, including their size and shape.
How to Prepare for the Scan?
Thyroid scan preparation
Making special preparations for a thyroid, salivary gland, and lymph node ultrasound scan is unnecessary. However, you may want to wear loose clothing that allows easy access to your neck and throat.
What to Expect During the Scan?
- The ultrasound scan is a painless and non-invasive procedure that takes about 15-30 minutes.
- You will lie on your back with your neck exposed. We recommend not to wear jewellery on your neck area.
- An ultrasonographer will apply a small amount of gel to your neck and then move an ultrasound transducer over your neck to create images of the thyroid, salivary glands, and lymph nodes.
Not sure which scan you need?
If you are uncertain about which scan you require or are unable to locate the specific scan you are searching for, do not hesitate to consult our doctor. They will take into account your medical records, symptoms, and other relevant factors to suggest the most appropriate scan for you.
Why Choose Us?
Get back to your best health with our modern medical care. Our dedicated teams of experts will tailor your treatment plan to you and give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're in the best hands.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions. Call us to book an appointment or to get advice.020 3002 7795
Email us your enquiries, feedback or suggestions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.info(@)uniclinic.co.uk
Live chat with us
If you prefer to talk with one of our assistants via text chat, we offer live chat service too.Chat now
In a health emergencies
Need someone to talk to?
Call Samaritans on 116 123 for confidential support.
Are you in a mental health crisis?
Call 111 for urgent help and support.
In a life-threatening emergency?
Call 999 or go to A&E immediately.