Simply call us to book an appointment.
We aim to book you for a scan within 3 days, or 14 days for certain scans.
What is it for?
To investigate symptoms associated with the urinary tract and related organs.
Kidneys, Ureters & Bladder Ultrasound Scan
A KUB ultrasound assesses the urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and prostate (if you are a male). It can detect changes in the bladder and kidneys, locate urinary stones, study recurrent kidney infections, or identify causes of kidney or pelvic pain.
The scan is recommended if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
- Blood in your urine
- Pain when emptying your bladder
- Inability to empty your bladder fully
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Family history of kidney or urinary tract diseases
Who Is It For?
This ultrasound is designed for individuals seeking an in-depth examination of their kidneys, ureters, and bladder. It is ideal for people experiencing abdominal pain, blood in urine, discomfort during bladder emptying, and those who suspect issues like kidney stones, bladder stones, or urinary tract infections.
What Can This Scan Tell You?
The Kidneys, Ureters, and Bladder ultrasound provides a comprehensive view of your urinary system, offering insights into:
Size and Structure:
- Evaluate the size, shape, and character of your kidneys, ureters, and bladder. This can highlight any unusual growths, deformities, or structural abnormalities.
Kidney and Bladder Stones:
- Detect the presence of stones within the kidneys or bladder, which might be causing pain or obstructions.
Urinary Tract Health:
- Identify signs of urinary tract infections (UTIs) or other anomalies within the urinary pathway.
- Assess the condition of your bladder both when it's full and after it's been emptied, providing insights into its functioning and possible issues like inflammations or tumours.
Blood in Urine Causes:
- Determine potential reasons for hematuria (presence of blood in urine), which could indicate infections, stones, or other conditions.
Abdominal Pain Origins:
- Pinpoint possible urinary system-related causes for experienced abdominal pain.
How to Prepare for the Scan?
To prepare for the scan, you will need to drink plenty of fluids before your appointment. This will help fill your bladder so the ultrasonographer can get a clear image. You may want to wear loose clothing that allows easy access to the area of interest.
What to Expect During the Scan?
The scan takes about 15-30 minutes. You will lie on an examination table while the ultrasonographer moves a probe device over your abdomen.
Not sure which scan you need?
If you are uncertain about which scan you require or are unable to locate the specific scan you are searching for, do not hesitate to consult our doctor. They will take into account your medical records, symptoms, and other relevant factors to suggest the most appropriate scan for you.
Why Choose Us?
Get back to your best health with our modern medical care. Our dedicated teams of experts will tailor your treatment plan to you and give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're in the best hands.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions. Call us to book an appointment or to get advice.020 3002 7795
Email us your enquiries, feedback or suggestions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.info(@)uniclinic.co.uk
Live chat with us
If you prefer to talk with one of our assistants via text chat, we offer live chat service too.Chat now
In a health emergencies
Need someone to talk to?
Call Samaritans on 116 123 for confidential support.
Are you in a mental health crisis?
Call 111 for urgent help and support.
In a life-threatening emergency?
Call 999 or go to A&E immediately.