Simply call us to book an appointment.
We aim to book you for a scan within 3 days, or 14 days for certain scans.
What is it for?
To investigate symptoms associated with testicles and surrounding tissues.
What is a testicular and prostate ultrasound scan?
A testicular & prostate scan is a non-invasive procedure that uses sound waves to create images of the testicles, surrounding tissues, prostate and urinary tract. It is a painless and safe way to assess and diagnose a variety of conditions, including:
- Lumps, masses or swelling
- Testicular or prostate cancer
- Benign enlargement of the prostate
- Testicular torsion (twisting of the spermatic cord)
- Hydrocele (fluid buildup in the scrotum)
- Varicocele (enlarged veins in the scrotum)
- Kidney stones or other urinary tract problems
Who is it for?
There are a number of risk factors related to male reproductive organ health problems. This includes problems with the testes, prostate and urinary tract and also factors such as age, family history, lack of exercise, and tight-fitting clothes.
What Can This Scan Tell You
A Testicular & Prostate Ultrasound Scan may be helpful to assess and diagnose symptoms such as:
- Lumps or mass in the testicles.
- Painful testicles.
- Unexplained pain or swelling in the scrotum.
- Blood in semen.
- Painful or difficult urination.
- Weak urination flow.
- A sense of incomplete bladder emptying.
- Frequent urination, especially at night.
- Blood in urine.
- Painful ejaculation.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Pain in the lower abdomen or lower back.
How to Prepare for the Scan?
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- No fasting or other dietary preparations are typically required.
What to Expect During the Procedure?
- You'll lie down on an examination table.
- The ultrasonographer will apply a clear, water-based gel to the testicular, prostate and kidney areas. This gel helps the ultrasound probe glide smoothly and ensures better images.
- You might feel mild pressure, but the procedure is generally painless.
- The examination typically takes 15-30 minutes.
Not sure which scan you need?
If you are uncertain about which scan you require or are unable to locate the specific scan you are searching for, do not hesitate to consult our doctor. They will take into account your medical records, symptoms, and other relevant factors to suggest the most appropriate scan for you.
Why Choose Us?
Get back to your best health with our modern medical care. Our dedicated teams of experts will tailor your treatment plan to you and give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're in the best hands.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions. Call us to book an appointment or to get advice.020 3002 7795
Email us your enquiries, feedback or suggestions, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.info(@)uniclinic.co.uk
Live chat with us
If you prefer to talk with one of our assistants via text chat, we offer live chat service too.Chat now
In a health emergencies
Need someone to talk to?
Call Samaritans on 116 123 for confidential support.
Are you in a mental health crisis?
Call 111 for urgent help and support.
In a life-threatening emergency?
Call 999 or go to A&E immediately.